Lynnwood Violent Crimes Lawyer
Experienced Legal Advocacy Against Violent Crime Charges in Washington
When facing allegations of violent crimes in Lynnwood, Washington, you need a skilled and experienced attorney who can protect your rights and advocate. At The Law Offices of Lance Fryrear, we specialize in defending individuals charged with violent crimes, and we have a proven track record of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients. If you or a loved one is facing charges related to murder, manslaughter, assault, rape, kidnapping, domestic violence, or any other similar offense, we are here to help.
Call The Law Offices of Lance Fryrear today at (425) 224-7075 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our violent crimes attorney in Lynnwood!
Violent Crime Cases We Handle
Our team at The Law Offices of Lance Fryrear has extensive experience representing clients in a wide range of violent crime cases, including:
- Murder or homicide
- Manslaughter (voluntary or involuntary)
- Assault & battery
- Aggravated assault
- Domestic violence
- Any other similar offense
What Are the Penalties for Violent Crimes in Washington?
The penalties for violent crimes in Washington can vary widely based on the specific offense and the circumstances surrounding the case. Some common penalties may include:
- Incarceration: Convictions for violent crimes can result in lengthy prison sentences, depending on the severity of the offense.
- Fines: Courts may impose substantial fines as punishment for violent crime convictions.
- Probation: In some cases, individuals may be sentenced to probation, which often includes strict conditions and supervision.
- Restitution: You may be ordered to compensate the victim for any financial losses or damages resulting from the crime.
- Mandatory Counseling: For certain violent crimes, the court may require you to attend counseling or anger management programs.
- Loss of Civil Rights: Convictions for violent offenses may result in the loss of certain civil rights, such as the right to possess firearms.
It's important to note that the penalties can be more severe if you have prior convictions or if the crime involved aggravating factors. To fully understand the potential consequences you may face, it is crucial to consult with an experienced Lynnwood violent crimes lawyer like those at The Law Offices of Lance Fryrear.
The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994
The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994 is the largest crime bill in the history of the United States. The Crime Bill provided $2.6 billion additional funding for the FBI, DEA, INS, and United States Attorneys, leading to more violent crime arrests and convictions.
This Act called for:
- 100,000 new police officers
- $9.7 billion in prison funding
- And $6.1 billion in funding for violent crime prevention programs while also expanding the government's ability to deal with violent criminals here illegally from other countries
Cases of child abuse, manslaughter, murder, and more are being tried and convicted. For this reason, it is vital to the well-being of your future that you seek strong legal representation to attend to your case.
Even circumstances that do not involve actual physical arms, such as assault cases and armed robbery, can still be categorized as violent criminal offenses due to the potential for harm that the matters entail.
What Is the Three Strikes Law?
Under the Three Strikes law, Federal offenders with three or more convictions for serious violent felonies will face mandatory life imprisonment without possibility of parole, so if you already have felony violent offenses on your record, you must avoid a conviction.
Attorneys representing clients for violent crimes must be forceful and aggressive legal advocates from the beginning stages of the case.
When you choose our firm to represent you, your Lynnwood violent crime defense lawyer will perform a thorough evaluation of the following:
- Witness testimony
- And police records to put together important pieces of information that may contribute to an effective defense strategy, which will be key to avoiding conviction
You need to be aware that taking part in any behavior that results in a considerable or significant threat of physical harm, injury, or even death to another individual in Washington State is a criminal offense.
Anyone driving recklessly with a minor in the vehicle may be charged with this offense. Being charged with reckless endangerment is serious and could have long-term significant consequences, affecting not only your future but that of your family as well.
Defenses Against Violent Crime Charges
At The Law Offices of Lance Fryrear, we challenge every aspect of the prosecution's case to protect your rights and achieve the best possible outcome. Our experienced attorneys employ a range of defense strategies, which may include:
- Self-Defense: If you acted in self-defense or defense of others, we will thoroughly investigate the circumstances to establish that your actions were justified.
- Mistaken Identity: Sometimes, mistaken identity can lead to wrongful accusations. We will investigate and present evidence to demonstrate that you are not the person responsible for the crime.
- Lack of Evidence: We will closely examine the prosecution's evidence and challenge its validity or reliability. If there are gaps or weaknesses in their case, we will exploit them to your advantage.
- Violation of Rights: If law enforcement violated your constitutional rights during the arrest, questioning, or evidence collection process, we will seek to have illegally obtained evidence suppressed.
- Alibi: If you can provide an alibi proving that you were not present at the alleged crime scene, we will use this evidence to support your innocence.
- Negotiation and Plea Bargaining: Sometimes, it may be in your best interest to negotiate a plea bargain for reduced charges or penalties. We will explore all available options and advise you on the best action.
Contact Our Lynnwood Violent Crimes Attorney Today
When facing violent crime charges in Washington, having a dedicated and experienced legal team on your side is crucial. At The Law Offices of Lance Fryrear, we are committed to protecting your rights, building a strong defense, and fighting for the best possible outcome in your case.
Contact The Law Offices of Lance Fryrear today to schedule a confidential consultation with our violent crimes lawyer in Lynnwood!
“Thank you for your help during my legal crisis. Your particular brand of counsel was a comfort and a blessing to me. Keep being real.”- A.M.
“Just want to say thanks! You have been so kind and obliging to answer my questions, some probably stupid but nonetheless you were there for me (above and beyond the so-called "call of duty"). I do want you to know how much I appreciate it all. Yo”- J.B.
“When I hired Lance to represent me I knew I hired the best. He is not only an outstanding lawyer but an outstanding person as well.”- J.D.